Certificate of Good Conduct: Indonesian Police Certificates
Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian (SKCK)
You may at some point in the future have a requirement for a certificate of good conduct from the Indonesian police department to establish your lack of criminal records during your stay in Indonesia.
Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian - SKCK - Police Certificate
SKCK are official documents issued by the police to applicant from the National Police's intelligence office. The Certificate carries a validity of up to six months from the date of issuance. If it has expired the certificate can be extended, if necessary.
You can apply for an SKCK directly at the SKCK service counter in police stations.
Alternately, you can request the letter online by uploading the required documents and filling out the online form - https://skck.polri.go.id/. The site is entirely in Bahasa Indonesia.
Requirements for foreign nationals
- Completed application form
- Photocopy of passport
- Passport photo 4x6 - six photos using a yellow background
- Kartu Keluarga - Family card, if you have one
- Birth Certificate - original and a copy
- Fingerprints from the local police
- Sponsoship letter from your company
- Photocopy of ID card (signature side)
- Photocopy of your STM Police Report Certificate
- Photocopy of current immigration document - KITAS or KITAP*
- Photocopy of your IMTA (work permit) from the Manpower Ministry
If the sponsor is your spouse, you'll need:
- Photocopy of your marriage certificate
- Photocopy of ID card sponsor a husband / wife
Security Clearances or Background Checks
The Police Certificate only reviews any interactions / background you may have with the Indonesian police and is not a full background check.
Getting Assistance with the Application
If you aren't able to come in person to get the SKCK, or have difficulties registering online, we suggest your request the assistance of a an English-speaking formalities agent - recommended document / formalities firms or do a search for "Pendaftaran SKCK" and use Google Translate to see what the company is offering.
STM & SKLD
Go to the Visas and Document page for information on STM and SKLD documents.
*If you don't have a copy of your KITAS/KITAP anymore, show the officials the copy of the visa stamp in your passport.